Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Government employees and public school teachers in San Juan City could now avail of a loan program that will help them settle their outstanding loans from private lending institutions. Mayor Francis Zamora and Government Service Insurance System (GS...
Commuters waiting for buses along Commonwealth Avenue no longer have to occupy one side of the highway to catch a ride. The Quezon City government has launched a “Libreng Sakay” program where commuters can ride buses for free going to ED...
Nine students in Valenzuela City have obtained college scholarships in South Korea. Nine students from St. Bernadette College in Barangay General T. De Leon visited Mayor Rex Gatchalian on August 15 to inform him that they have obtained a full colle...
The Manila City government has renamed its free wifi and charging kiosk from "ISKOnek” to "MNLKonek" in compliance with Mayor Isko Mereno's campaign against glorifying politicians. The wifi hotspot and charging station,...
An anti-corruption body has recognized the efforts of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) to adopt an online system to boost fee collections. The Anti-Red Tape Authority (ARTA) commended the LTO for complying with Republic Act (RA) 11032, known as ...
Manila City Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso asked the Veterinary Inspection Board (VIB) to intensify its routine meat inspections in the nation's capital. During an urgent broadcast of #TheCapitalReport, Domagoso said he has als...