Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar welcomed the Senate's approval of a bill seeking the establishment of a Malasakit Center in hospitals run by the Department of Health (DOH). In a statement, Andanar sa...
The Vapers PH and the Coalition of Asia Pacific Tobacco Harm Reduction Advocates (CAPHRA) welcomed the breakthrough report of the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the outbreak of vaping-related illnesses. The report, which...
Quezon City officials asked the public to take necessary precautions to prevent casualties during disasters. Councilor Victor Ferrer Jr. asked local residents in flood-prone areas to place important documents in plastic envelopes and store additiona...
TV5 will be among the main Philippine broadcasters for the upcoming 30th Southeast Asian Games from Nov. 30 to Dec. 11 in various locations in Luzon. The broadcasting giant formally announced its participation in bringing the games to national telev...
Customs officials confiscated eight containers of smuggled sugar worth around P4.4 million at the Port of Manila (POM) on November 13. In a statement Thursday, the Bureau of Customs-POM said the seized items consigned to RZTREC Trading arrived at th...
A senator called on the government to monitor the retail prices of egg and chicken. Senator Imee Marcos said the cost of small eggs reached more than PHP6 apiece, with a tray of 30 pieces priced at PHP180 and up instead of the suggested retail ...